Monday, June 27, 2011

Chair Makeover....

Okay....so I have had a hideously ugly chair sitting in my garage taking up space for the last year.  I was going to throw it out a while ago, but for some reason decided not to.  I am soooooo glad I didn't, because last week I decided to turn it into a masterpiece. It was quite a project, but it was worth the time and effort it took (not to mention the mess).

Here is the chair before....soooooo ugly. :)


I sanded the chair as best I could and stained it with a mahogany stain I had left over in my garage from another project.  As you can see below, my daughter helped me with the staining.  

While the chair was drying, I took the old ugly cushion and covered it with a new cushion I had made out of an old pillowcase I had lying around.  I also had an extra decorative pillow that wasn't being used.  The decorative pillow was a little bland so I added a flower to it with leftover fabric from the pillowcase I used to make the cushion and....viola.....a masterpiece. :)


Once again, the best part is that it was FREE!!!  I LOVE FREE PROJECTS!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment