Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Flower Frames

I wish I would have remembered to take before pictures of these frames.  They were an ugly brown color and they had scratches all over them.  I have had them for a long time, and finally found what I wanted to do with them. :)

 I spray painted the frames black and made the flowers that are attached to the front out of an old pillow case and some pearls I had lying around.  I then sanded the edges of the frames to make them look rustic. I also burned the edges of the flowers with a lighter to make them rustic as well.

The best part.....these were FREE!!!  I created them using things I already had around the house.  :)




Below is also another little project I created with these flowers.  They are super easy to make.  You cut a circle out of paper, then you cut an inch thick strip of fabric (whatever you want to use.  I used an old pillowcase for these), Tie a knot in one end of the fabric, super glue the knot to the center of the circle and wrap the fabric around and around until the fabric is gone.  Super glue to the paper and cut any paper left that is showing.  You can then super glue anything you want into the center of the flower.  



1 comment: